Fresno K-16 Collaborative Executive Steering Committee
February 4, 2022, Meeting Minutes
Link to Meeting Materials: https://tinyurl.com/232nf39z
Opening: Meeting called to order by Chair C. Goldsmith at 3:01 p.m.
Present: Chair C. Goldsmith (SCCCD), J. Jones (FPU), J. Buckley (Reedley), L. Bennett, (Clovis CC), B. Nelson
(FUSD), H. Gutierrez (FCSS), B. Duran (CVHEC), K. Boone (Clovis USD), P. Birrell (Central), T Lopez (Sanger), M. Masoud (NU), R. Ramirez (FCC), R. Yerrick (Fresno State)
A. Jacobo-Roush (FCSS), E. Berg (Reedley), R. Ramirez (FCC), J. Heathcote (Reedley), J. Spevak (CVHEC), J.
Bedolla (Reedley), J. Olson-Buchanan (Fresno State), L. Hoff (FPU), R. Aguila (FCSS), S. McManus (FCC), T.
Overstreet (FUSD), K. Hammerstrom (Fresno K-16), S. Lambert (Fresno K-16)
M/S/Approved: Approval of December 2, 2021 Minutes. Motion by President J. Buckley (Reedley). Second
by President J. Jones (FPU). Motion passed.
Partner Spending/Invoicing Update:
- $2.6 million has been invoices as of February 4, 2022. Final invoices for expenses through March 31, 2022, are due no later than April 15, 2022. Partners are asked to submit any invoices for any expenses that have occurred to date as soon as possible.
- Nelson requested Steering Committee supported a letter to be sent to OPR from Chair Goldsmith request NCE and explaining the impacts COVID has had on expenditures.
Collab 2.0 Discussion: Monica Lozano will be on the February 11, 2022, the internal, Preliminary Planning
Meeting call. Discussion with re: TKCCC and a joint proposals are on-going; Steering Committee affirmed
collaboration with TKCCC in a partnership for the grant. Steering Committee affirmed inclusion of Madera
County and including them in name (to be changed to Fresno-Madera K-16 Collaborative). Grant timeline and requirements re-reviewed. Planning for facilitated discussions to happen in February/March 2022; look for email. Overall objectives for the facilitated discussions reviewed and can be located here. Brief discussion on business/employers to bring onto the board; ideas- Fresno Compact, Futuro Health, Fresno Business Council, First Responders.
Executive Director Updates:
- December 2021 progress report was submitted. Fresno State student, Tony Xiong, designed the cover.
- The Fresno K-16 Collaborative Vision Statement of Support was sent out to the steering committee via DocuSign; UC Merced and NU still need to sign.
- The Virtual Dual Enrollment Hub is set for a Summer 2022 pilot.
- The Collab website, fresnomaderahigheredforall.org is live. The Virtual Hub will be accessible form the Collab website.
- Meeting dates for the 2022-23 school year will be available by April 1, 2022, meeting.
Good of the Order: Reedley announced upcoming K-16 Collaborative Engineering Symposium, March 16,
Meeting adjourned at 3:45 p.m.
• March 31, 2022 December 31, 2021: Period of performance for each grant award concludes.
• April 15, 2022 January 28, 2022: Final invoicing for expenditure through March 31, 2022 due.
• April 15, 2022 January 28, 2022: Final Report 3 summarizing student outcomes through the end of the
performance period and projected to the end of the Academic Year 2021-22
K-16 Collaborative Steering Committee Meeting Dates for 2021-2022– mark your calendars (ZOOM, unless notified otherwise):
• Friday, April 1, 2022, 3-4:30p
• Friday, June 10, 2022, 3-4:30pm