Link to Meeting Materials: https://tinyurl.com/yd4dk4mz
Opening: Meeting called to order by Chair Goldsmith at 3:02 p.m.
Present: Chair C. Goldsmith (FCC), Vice Chair S. Jimenez-Sandoval (Fresno State), B. Duran (CVHEC), A. Jones (SUSD), B. Nelson (FUSD), J. Jones (FPU), J. Sanchez-Munoz (UC Merced), L. Bennett (Clovis CC), K. Davison (Central USD), H. Gutierrez (FCSS), D. van Dam (RC), R. Lorenzana (Brandman), J. Gladney (National) A. Jacobo-Roush (FCSS), E. Berg (RC), G. Sangha (FCC), J. Endicott (FPU), L. Hoff (FPU), J. Bedolla (RC), J. Olson-Buchanan (Fresno State), K. Rodriquez (FCSS), K. Kesterke (SUSD), M. Villarreal (CA Teaching Fellows), M. Osorio (DRIVE), N. Castro (Career Ladders), P. Popescu (JSA), P. Birrell (Central USD), R. Nunna (Fresno State), R. Yerrick (Fresno State), R. Ramirez (FCC), R. Aguila (FCSS), R. Pimentel (FCC), S. Mariano (JSA), S. Watkins (SCAEC), S. Shojaei (Career Ladders), T. Lopez (SUSD), T. Overstreet (FUSD), M. Stricker (CCC Guided Pathways), K. Hammerstrom (Fresno K-16), A. Banks (Fresno K-16), S. Lambert (Fresno K-16)
M/S/Approved: Approval of June 4, 2021 Meeting Minutes Motion by A. Jones (Sanger), Second by Vice Chair S. Jimenez-Sandoval
- Executive Director Update – Program & Project Updates: OPR has granted a project extension through March 31, 2022. This moves reporting dates (see below for amended dates). There are 22 projects with 100% of our funding awarded with approx.. 46% being awarded to K-12 and 54% being awarded to post-secondary (which includes high school teacher upskilling). We have a touchpoint of over 2,000 students and over 110 teachers which breaks down to approximately $4,437 per student/teacher.
- Project Highlight – Virtual Dual Enrollment Hub – Progress Updates and Vision Statement shared by Career Ladders Project- N. Castro, S. Shojaei. Vision statement is a unifying vision that supports the work with commitments. It is not an MOU, and a non-legally binding document. There is no cost involved. All Collaborative Partners are being asked to sign.
- Fresno K-16 Collaborative Website Demo – Suzie Mariano & Patricia Popescu from Jeffrey Scott Agency demonstrated the Collaborative website. Website will include program and project highlights and testimonials from former students who have taken dual enrollment classes. Meeting agendas, minutes, and progress reports will be available on the website for project transparency. Once approval is given to JSA by the Collaborative, website will take approximately two weeks to be made available to go live.
- State Budget, next steps – The Governor’s Office has set aside $250 million dollars for expansion of the K-16 Collaborative throughout the state. At this time, it is unknown how those funds will be distributed throughout the state. The Fresno K-16 Collaborative was mentioned specifically by name in the State Budget Detail report. Inquiries on behalf of the Collaborative have been made; initial feedback provided by the Governor’s Office for our Collaborative is the desire for pathway additions, more employer involvement, technical support for other collaboratives. We will be having future discussions regarding how we want to move forward as a group and how to integrate these new requirements in a way to fit the needs of our Valley. Budget Section 244 to be sent out post meeting; discussion will continue at October and December board meetings.
Meeting adjourned at 4:26 p.m.
- Budget FY Rollover Forms Due July 25, 2021
- September 3, 2021: Progress Report 2 summarizing student outcomes to date (Spring 2021, Summer 2021, Fall 2021 cohort enrollments).
- March 31, 2022 December 31, 2021: Period of performance for each grant award concludes.
- April 15, 2022 January 28, 2022: Final invoicing for expenditure through March 31, 2022 due.
- April 15, 2022 January 28, 2022: Final Report 3 summarizing student outcomes through the end of the performance period and projected to the end of the Academic Year 2021-22
K-16 Collaborative Steering Committee Meeting Dates for 2021-2022– mark your calendars:
- Friday, Oct. 8, 2021, 3-4:30p featuring FK16C’s CVHEC’s Equity, Race and Social Justice Ad hoc Committee work & findings
- Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021, 11:30-2p IN PERSON at the Fresno Doubletree; lunch will be provided by RSVP (Zoom option available)
- Friday, Feb. 4, 2022, 3-4:30p
- Friday, April 1, 2022, 3-4:30p
- Friday, June 10,2022, 3-4:30pm